Lothian Valuation Joint Board - 17A South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh EH12 9FL | 0131 344 2500
Lothian Valuation Joint Board

Lothian Valuation Joint Board

Return of Information

Statutory powers to obtain information

  Assessors have statutory powers to require the proprietor, tenant or occupier of a property to make a return of information such as rent, cost of construction, business throughput or turnover. If you have been asked to provide information and have not yet done so, you should make a return or, if you are unsure of what is required, contact your Assessor using the contact details shown on the Return of Information form or on this website. Lack of information may result in an incorrect valuation and it may take some time for any appeal against a valuation to be resolved.  

How can I provide lease, cost, turnover or other information?

  Information can be provided on-line at www.saa.gov.uk. Alternatively, you can complete and retain the form or contact our office using the details shown below.  

How can I contact the Assessor for more information?

  Telephone – 0131 344 2500 Minicom – 0131 344 2611 Email – enquiries@lothian-vjb.gov.uk LVJB Website – www.lothian-vjb.gov.uk Scottish Assessor’s Association website –  www.saa.gov.uk  

Return of Information forms

  The Assessor’s duty is to maintain the information in the Valuation Roll in as up to date a manner as is possible.  In order to do this, the Assessor issues Return of Information Forms.  It is important all the information is checked for accuracy and updated.  Any new information will be used to ensure property details are accurate and that Valuation Notices are issued to the correct address(es).  

What do I have to do?

  The form details the information currently shown in the Valuation Roll and seeks to obtain information on any changes, such as the names of new owners, tenants and occupiers. It also invites information about physical changes to the property or the amount of any rent paid.  If further details are required regarding alterations or the rent being paid, you will be contacted at a later date. If you have received a Return of Information Form you can use it to specify any changes relating to: 1) the proprietor (owner), tenant or occupier, 2) physical or other changes to the property, 3) the rent of the property, 4) Declaring that the information is correct Or Confirm that there is ”No Change” to the information.
Close Menu