A by-election is to be held to elect one councillor to the Midlothian East multi-member ward of Midlothian Council.
Polling will take place between 7 am and 10 pm on Thursday 25 March 2021.
Poll Card Issue
- Week commencing Monday 22 February 2021
Deadline for applications to be included on the Register of Electors for this election
- Midnight Tuesday 9 March 2021
Deadline for applications to vote by post or to change/cancel existing postal voting or proxy arrangements
- 5pm Wednesday 10 March 2021
Deadline for new applications to vote by proxy
- 5pm Wednesday 17 March 2021
- Download an application to vote by emergency proxy based on Covid-19 here
- Download an application to vote by emergency proxy based on disability here
- Download an application to vote by emergency proxy based on occupation, service or employment here
Postal ballot paper issue date
- Dispatched Thursday 18 March 2021 for delivery on Friday 19 March 2021
If you require any further information about registering to vote or applying for an absent vote (postal or proxy) for this by-election please contact our office.