The ERO will issue a canvass communication to each household across Edinburgh and the Lothians from Monday 2 August 2021.
The Annual Household Canvass Has Changed – What’s New?
- A data matching step has been introduced to match electors’ names and addresses with various data sets (e.g. DWP records and Local Authority records). This will establish which ‘route’ of canvass each property will go down.
- The ERO can use a variety of communication methods including emails, paper forms, phone calls or house visits.
- All foreign nationals over the age of 14 with leave to remain are now eligible to register to vote and should be included in any response.
How do you respond?
- The easiest way to provide or confirm the information is by going to www.elecreg.co.uk/lothian-vjb and entering the security codes provided.
- No action is necessary if you receive the Canvass Communication A form and no changes need to be made.
New Names Added During Canvass
Any person added during canvass:-
- Will need to complete a registration application.
- Can register online at gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- Will receive an Invitation to Register form if they do not register online.